Gourmet Minutes: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with Maple Glaze
On this episode of Gourmet Minutes with Mallory, Chef Karla Lawrence shows us how to make stuffed portabella mushrooms with a maple glaze.
- 2 large portabella mushrooms- de-gilled and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 Vidalia onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper flake
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/3 cup for topping)
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large skillet until hot. Toss in peppers, onions and garlic and sauté until heated thru and they start to soften. Add in pepper flake, salt and pepper and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes for sauce to thicken
Remove from heat and fold in the spinach and parmesan cheese. Fold in the 2/3 cup of mozzarella. Spoon Mixture into the 2 Portabella caps and place onto a cooking sheet or bake safe dish. Top with the remaining Mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 20-25 minutes.