Trigg, Calloway finish strong at KHSAA State Bass Fishing Championships
Gilbertsville, KY — When the boats hit the water Saturday morning for the final round of the KHSAA State Bass Fishing Championships, seven pairs of anglers from our area were in the top twenty.
Trigg County’s Mason Shelton and Drake Oliver were the overall leaders, with a total weight of 18 pounds 9 ounces going into the final day of competition.
A total of 43 teams weighed in on day two, they saved the top six for last.
Calloway County’s Nathan Camp and Brandon Falwell began the day in fourth. After catching just over 14 pounds caught Saturday– they finished in third place with over thirty pounds total.
Then came the second place team after day one, Muhlenberg County’s Cameron Brooks and Chase Gary. Saturday’s haul of 17 pounds and 15 ounces put them in first place.
Trigg’s Shelton and Oliver were the last to weigh in, and with a two day total of 32 pounds 3 ounces they were just one pound shy of Muhlenberg, good enough to finish as the runners-up.
2014 KHSAA Bass Fishing State Championship Results
1.Cameron Brooks, Chase Geary 33 lb. 6 oz. Muhlenberg County
2. Mason Shelton, Drake Oliver 32 lb. 3 oz. Trigg County
3. Nathan Camp, Brandon Falwell 30 lb. 7 oz. Calloway County
4. Jacob Bowles, Hunter Hampton 28 lb. 14 oz. Muhlenberg County
5. Jared Phillips, Nick Proctor 28 lb. 6 oz. Calloway County
6. Gabe Blair, Lane Williams 27 lb. 7 oz. North Laurel
7. Douglas Colson, Zack Colbert 27 lb. 1 oz. Trigg County
8. Morgan Boggs, Tanner Jordan 23 lb. 15 oz. Corbin
9. Cameron Thompson, Jacob Moore 21 lb. 7 oz. Franklin County
10. Michael Sandusky, Michael Shelton 20 lb. 9 oz. Washington County
11. Hunter Biggs, Logan Estes 19 lb.10 oz. Lincoln County
12. Peyton Porter, Shane Barrett 15 lb. 6 oz. Marshall County
13. Matthew Roberts, Richard Cornett 15 lb. 6 oz. Perry County Central
14. Casey Collett, Austin Williams 15 lb. 0 oz. North Laurel
15. Trent Arrowood, Conner Ratliff 13 lb. 13 oz. Johnson Central
16. Trevor Sagrecy, Thomas Smith 12 lb. 0 oz. Washington County
17. Tristan Jordan, Don Taylor 11 lb. 7 oz. Corbin
18. Adam Fitch, Bailey Napier 10 lb. 8 oz. Marshall County
19. Gavin Wood, Nick Ratliff 8 lb. 9 oz. Elizabethtown
20. Austin Greene, Skylar Pool 8 lb. 8 oz. Trigg County
25. Cole Emerson, Zack Martin 7 lb. 0 oz. Calloway County
26. Austin Wade, Barrett Washburn 6 lb. 15 oz. Marshall County