Propane gas system likely cause of home explosion

The Calloway County Fire and Rescue believes it knows the cause of a house explosion in Murray, Kentucky.

Around 11:00 p.m. Sunday, November 2nd, a house exploded in the 600 block of Bethel Road.

The home’s owner, Jackie Herndon, was injured in the blast. He was last reported in critical but stable condition.

Officials believe the explosion was triggered by an issue with the home’s propane gas system.

An investigation found the explosion originated inside the house. They say gas from tanks outside likely leaked into the home because a line was not connected properly.

The state fire marshal continues to investigate.

Click here for Briana Conner’s full report.

Related Articles