U.S. Postal Service expanding delivery service for the holidays
With only 47 days until Christmas, the U.S. Postal Service is gearing up for the holidays by expanding its delivery service.
On Friday, the Postal Service announced it will be delivering packages 7 days a week through Christmas Day due to double-digit package volume growth.
During the holiday season, the Postal Service is expected to deliver 450-470 million packages.
The Postal Service has also released its recommended mailing and shipping deadlines for delivery by Christmas.
- Dec. 2 – First-Class Mail International/Priority Mail International
- Dec. 10 – Priority Mail Express International
- Dec. 15 – Standard Post
- Dec. 17 – Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 20 – First Class Mail/Priority Mail (domestic)
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express (domestic)
For more information on holiday shipping, click here.