6 Things to Know: November 19
1. Carbondale, Illinois’ city council proposed a tax hike to pay for pensions. If passed, a homeowner would see a $16 increase on a $100,000 home.
2. Missouri executed their ninth person in 2014 overnight. A jury sentenced Leon Taylor to death for killing a gas station attendant in 1994.
3. Snow totals could reach 6 feet or more in upstate New York. The city of Buffalo got more than 70 inches in 24 hours, stranding drivers for more than 12 hours.
4. Fifty members of Kentucky’s Air National Guard are returning to Louisville from Africa. They built a cargo processing hub in Senegal, designed to process supplies to fight the Ebola virus.
5. Goodbye to “The Boat”. Harrah’s Metropolis will unveil its relocated casino floor today.
6. Will you shop on Black Friday? A new survey by Bankrate.com found just 28 percent of you plan to brave the post-Thanksgiving crowds.