6 Things to Know: November 25
1. Gunshots and fires erupted across Ferguson, Missouri overnight. Hundreds of people protested after the grand jury decided not to indict officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown.
2. In his testimony to the grand jury, officer Wilson said Brown punched him through the window of his patrol car. Photos released show his injuries, especially bruising to his jaw.
3. Kentucky State Police say they’re ready for the extra traffic this week. They will have extra patrols on the highways, especially in high crash zones.
4. The city of Herrin, Illinois has a new mayor. The city clerk swore in Steve Frattini after the council voted him in by an overwhelming majority.
5. The FDA will announce today that companies must put calorie counts on their menus by November of 2015. The rules apply to convenience stores, amusement parks and vending machines.
6. Crews plan to pull down the top of a bridge pier at the Old Ledbetter Bridge today at noon. They will begin on the Livingston County-side.