6 Things to Know: December 1
1. Gas prices continue to drop to their lowest prices in four years. You’ll pay $2.79 in Vienna, Illinois and $2.47 in Paris, Tennessee.
2. The president focuses on Ferguson. President Obama will gather his closest advisers, civil rights leaders and law enforcement to discuss the events surrounding Michael Brown’s shooting death.
3. A group walked through the streets of Cairo, Illinois yesterday. They were remembering the life of Myron Jordan, shot and killed Wednesday afternoon.
4. It’s Cyber Monday. Retailers hope you’ll grab your smartphone and wallet after Black Friday and Small Business Saturday left major retailers $7 billion short.
5. How is Amazon speeding up its shipping operation? They use 15,000 wheeled robots to deliver stacks of products to workers in warehouses who prepare the packages to ship during the holidays.
6. The Hugs Project of Western Kentucky needs your help to ship packages to soldiers overseas. Gayron Ferguson says the group is $5,500 short of this year’s goal.