6 Things to Know: December 3
1. A federal judge will hold a conference call today on the litigation surrounding the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge collapse. The Delta Mariner struck the bridge in 2012.
2. Lawmakers will hear testimony today from the makers of faulty airbags. Takata ignored a midnight deadline to expand the recall in the United States.
3. Police in St. Louis County, Missouri opened an investigation into comments made by Michael Brown’s stepfather. Louis Head called for fires to be set after the grand jury’s decision not to indict Darren Wilson.
4. U.S. Senator Rand Paul wants to find a way to run for both Senate and President in 2016. One option around the state law is turning the Republican primary into a caucus.
5. The U.S. Supreme Court will hear Peggy Young’s case today. She sued UPS after they denied her a temporary assignment without heavy lifting while pregnant.
6. The tree in New York City’s Rockefeller Center will light up following performances by Mariah Carey and Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga. You can see it live at 7 p.m. on Local 6.