6 Things to Know: December 4
1. People across the country protested a New York grand jury’s decision not to indict a police officer in Eric Garner’s death. Garner died in July after an officer placed him in a chokehold.
2. The board of regents at Murray State University will discuss a smoking ban today. The discussion comes after Gov. Steve Beshear’s order banning tobacco use on state property.
3. Emory University in Atlanta say they’re treating an American health care worker exposed to Ebola. Emory treated the first two cases in the United States. Both patients recovered.
4. The price of gas in Oklahoma City fell to $1.99 yesterday. It’s not so cheap here. In Marion, Illinois, you’ll pay $2.65 and gas is $2.39 per gallon in Martin, Tennessee.
5. The second pier of the Old Ledbetter Bridge finally came down. Crews will work to clear the remaining debris over the next few weeks.
6. Don’t miss NBC’s live version of “Peter Pan” tonight! You can see Allison Williams and Christopher Walken star tonight at 7 on Local 6.