Crisis funding for home heating available next month
Emergency heating assistance will be available to low-income families starting next month.
The Crisis Component of the Home Energy Assistance Program will begin on January 13th.
Money will be available until March 31st, or until funds run out.
The program is to help families that are in a home-heating crisis. The criteria to get crisis funding is:
- A household within four days of running out of fuel where propane, kerosene, or wood is the heat source.
- A household that has received a past due or disconnect notice on their natural gas or electric bill.
- A household where home heating costs are included as an undesignated portion of the rent, they must have an eviction notice due to non-payment.
Applications for assistance are available at West Kentucky Allied Services offices in Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, McCracken, and Marshall Counties.
Applicants must bring with them:
- Social Security card for each member of the household.
- Proof of all income for every member of the household.
- A metered utility bill to prove household residency.