6 Things To Know: December 16, 2014
Here are the 6 things to know for December 16, 2014.
1) Governor Steve Beshear will appoint someone to replace Marshall County Judge Executive Mike Miller until November’s election. Miller died suddenly yesterday morning.
2) A new report found teenagers are smoking and drinking less while marijuana use and abuse of ADHD drugs remained steady. The majority of high school seniors do not think occasional marijuana use is harmful.
3) Voters in Carbondale, Illinois will have a second choice for mayor. “The Southern Illinoisian” reports the election board denied the objection filed against Mike Henry. That objection claimed Henry moved to town too late to run.
4) Get ready to slow down on the I24 Ohio River bridge. IDOT plans to restrict one lane from Wednesday morning to Thursday for some maintenance work.
5) Governor Bill Haslam announced the Insure Tennessee Plan. It allows 21- 64 year olds to buy health insurance in the private marketplace at a lower cost.
6) Today’s the deadline to get Amazon’s free shipping in time for Christmas morning. Fed-Ex’s deadline is tomorrow and UPS Ground will ship in time on Thursday.