Local restaurant closed due to fire

A local restaurant has a bad start to the day when employees started smelling smoke before opening time. It happened at Logan’s Roadhouse on Hinkelville Road in Paducah Sunday morning.

Firefighters responded to a call saying the restaurant’s sign was on fire. Chief Jeff Montgomery said melting snow on the roof may be to blame. “It very well could have had something to do with it. They did have some leaks here, but it wasn’t in the area where the fire started yet. So, it’s still under investigation.”

The restaurant will be closed for the rest of the Sunday, but Logan’s may re-open as early as Monday.

Related Articles

Festival of Trees being held this weekend in Mt. Vernon You can get into the Christmas Spirit and help out a Christian based human services facility in southern Illinois.
Cashier’s kindness goes viral Walmart cashier takes time to help customer count out payment in pocket change after he leaves his wallet at home.
Pets and their owners invited to annual Santa Paws event in Benton, KY The Humane Society of Marshall County is hosting its annual Santa Paws event on Saturday, November 18.
Rev. Jesse Jackson discloses Parkinson’s disease diagnosis The Rev. Jesse Jackson says he's been seeking outpatient care for two years for Parkinson's disease and plans to dedicate himself to physical therapy.