Easter Egg hunts in our area
Easter Sunday will soon be here, and area attractions and local communities have scheduled Easter egg hunts and other events Friday night and Saturday.
Friday, April 3rd:
The CAC Relay for Life team invites folks to a free Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt at 7 p.m. at Mike Miller Park in Marshall County.
– There will be prizes, and donations will be accepted.
– All donations will go to the American Cancer Society.
Saturday, April 4th:
Hippie Radio 105.3 and the Humboldt Historical society, with Walgreens and Humboldt Manor and Rehab Center, are hosting a free Hippie Hop Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. at Viking Park in Humboldt, Tennessee.
– Children under 12 can participate
– Event includes $5 hamburger plates as a fundraiser for Relay for Life
Ohio Valley Baptist Church in Ledbetter is hosting a hamburger and hot dog lunch after an egg hunt at 10 a.m.; event includes games.
Lake Chem Community Federal Credit Union will host an Easter egg hunt at 2:00 p.m. at Mike Miller Park.
Lola Pentecostal Church will host an Easter egg hunt at 11:00 a.m. The church is at 1100 Lola Road in Salem, Kentucky.
– Child under 10 can take part in the Easter egg hunt.
– Along with the games, there will also be hot dogs, popcorn, and drinks available.
Lowes in Graves County invites folks to Lowes Community Day beginning at 9 a.m. The event includes inflatables, balloon animals, an antique car show, face painting, a cornhole tournament and prizes.
– Hear about town history at 9 a.m.
– An Easter egg hunt begins at 10:30 a.m. at Lowes Elementary Baseball Field for ages 12 and under. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m.
– Enjoy free hamburgers, hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, and homemade ice cream at Mt. Olivet Baptist Church at 11 a.m.
Safari Egg Hunt at the Zoo will be held at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. at Lazy L Safari Park in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
– There will be two age groups: 4 and under and 5 to 8 years old.
– Games and races will be held from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., as well as door prize drawings.
– The zoo will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All the Safari Egg Hunt at the Zoo activities for the day will be included with regular zoo admission.
– The Safari Park is at 2763 County Road 618 in Cape Girardeau.
The Easter Bunny will arrive by helicopter at an Easter egg hunt at 1:30 p.m. at Discovery Park of America in Union City, Tennessee.
– Kids can have their pictures taken with the Easter Bunny before the egg hunt begins with ages 3 and under at 2:30 p.m., ages 4 through 6 at 3 p.m., and ages 7 through 10 at 3:30 p.m.
– The egg hunts are BYOB (bring your own basket), and there will be goodie bags for everyone.
– Discovery Park is at 830 Everett Blvd. in Union City.