Former church elder arrested in connection with Michael Parsons case

A second suspect in the investigation that led to the arrest of 44-year-old youth Pastor Michael Parsons on rape charges was arrested on Tuesday, the McCracken County Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday.

Parsons, who was a youth pastor at Milburn Chapel, was indicted by the McCracken County Grand Jury last week on charges including three counts of distribution of obscene matter, third degree rape, third degree sodomy, and 10 counts of unlawful use of an electronic device to procure a minor in a sexual performance. Parsons remains in the McCracken County Regional Jail.

Frederick Daack, of West Paducah, was arrested around 3 p.m. Tuesday in McCracken County on multiple felony charges, including unlawful use of an electronic device to procure a minor in a sexual performance. The sheriff’s department said Daack was an elder at the church for the past several years, a role that ended last year, and that the alleged offenses were committed during his tenure as an elder.

The sheriff’s department alleges Daack had illegal and inappropriate communications, which it said were sexual in nature, by phone call and text message with a minor who attended the church. The department said the interactions were discovered by detectives while they investigated the Parsons incident.

Related Articles

Trump campaign faces subpoena in assault lawsuit President Donald Trump's presidential campaign has been subpoenaed for records related to past sexual assault allegations against Trump —charges the p...
Women identify as assault, harassment victims with ‘me too’ posts Thousands of women are identifying themselves as victims of sexual harassment or assault following a call to action on social media sites.
Fact-checking fake news on Facebook works — just too slowly Facebook's effort to limit the spread of fake news using outside fact-checkers appears to be having an effect — though that finding comes with a major...
Somalia truck bombing toll over 300, scores remain missing More than 300 people were killed in the weekend truck bombing in Somalia's capital and scores remained missing, authorities said Monday.