County seeking to try teen accused of leaving baby in dumpster as adult

We have an update on charges being filed regarding the newborn found in the dumpster in McCracken County last month. 

The infant was found in the dumpster on July 30. A 17-year-old boy accused of leaving the child there was arrested and charged with attempted murder the next day.

County Attorney Sam Clymer tells Local 6 the teenager will be charged as an adult. Clymer will file the transfer papers Wednesday.

As for the baby's mother, Clymer says the investigation into her involvement continues. While charges are likely, they have not come down yet.

Related Articles

Mysterious dog illness hits Metropolis, Illinois If your dog is suffering from a hacking cough and loss of appetite, you might think it's kennel cough. But a local veterinarian said you may be wrong.
Former Zeigler treasurer pleads not guilty to fraud, embezzlement n Illinois city’s former treasurer is accused of stealing more than $300,000 from the city. A grand jury indicted Ryan Thorpe on charges of wire fraud...
Kentucky ex-councilwoman gets 3 weeks in jail for fake checks A former Kentucky city councilwoman was sentenced to three weeks in jail and three years of probation after pleading guilty to crimes related to cashi...
Utility lines down in Crittenden County, road blocked The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says it has a report of utility lines down along Kentucky 506 in Crittenden County Thursday afternoon.