NATO: 3 US contractors killed in Afghan suicide bomb attack

NATO says a suicide car bombing targeting a convoy in Afghanistan killed three American contractors.
    
Authorities say the blast Saturday in the Afghan capital, Kabul, killed at least 12 people and wounded 66.
    
NATO did not name the dead contractors in its statement.
    
The attack struck near the private Shinozada hospital in the capital’s Macrorayan neighborhood just as schools were letting out.
    
The Taliban denied carrying out the attack. However, they have stepped up their assaults on Afghan security forces since U.S. and NATO troops ended their combat mission in the country last year.

Related Articles

Mother says stranger tried to kidnap her son at Seaworld A composite sketch has been released of a man suspected of an attempted kidnapping at Seaworld's Aquatica.
Former Zeigler, IL treasurer charged with fraud enters not guilty plea Ryan Thorpe is accused of using more than $300,000 of government money to buy things like motorcycles, guns, and a diamond ring. All while working as ...
Lane restriction on Bridge Street in Paducah for gas line repair The lane restriction is along Bridge Street between US 60/Irvin Cobb Drive and Broad Street near the Flora Avenue intersection.
Report: Medicaid enrollments, costs begin to stabilize A new report finds that states are seeing more stability in their Medicaid programs after experiencing a surge in enrollment and costs associated with...