Support services contract extended for former gaseous diffusion plant
The Department of Energy’s Office of Environmental Management announced Tuesday it will extend the contract for infrastructure support services at the former Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
Services have been extended for two and a half months, according to the DOE Portsmouth/Paducah Project Office. The contract with Swift & Staley Inc. was previously set to expire Tuesday, Sept. 15. The PPPO says the extension is valued at about $8.4 million. It’s meant to allow for the DOE’s competitive process to get a new infrastructure contract, which Swift & Staley Inc. was awarded on June 17, 2015.
PPPO says the extension will allow the transition to a new contract to be made without interrupting ongoing services. Those services include:
– Surveillance, maintenance and repair of facilities
– Janitorial services
– Grounds maintenance
– Roadway/parking lot maintenance
– Pest control
– Computing, telecommunication, and cyber security
– Fleet management
– Real and personal property management
– Records management and document control
– Safeguards and security
– Environment, safety, health, and quality (ESH&Q) program
– Training services