Marshall County burn law in effect
Marshall County Emergency Management Office says a no burn law is now in effect until Dec. 15.
The law is is in place after a previous burn ban, which was in place from Sep. 24 to Oct. 1.
The law now in effect through Dec. 15 allows burning only between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. The emergency management office says there are steps you must follow if you decide to burn during that time frame. They are:
- Pre-plan your controlled burn, and always keep safety first.
- Have a phone with you at all times and, should fire the fire get out of your control, dial 911.
- Have a garden hose or buckets of water close by.
- Cut fire breaks in the ground to prevent fire from getting out of control.
- Monitor wind direction and know what structures are in the path of the fire.
- Keep watch the entire time you are burning. Do not leave the fire unattended.