Deputies help save elderly woman from house fire

Deputies saved a woman who was trapped in a burning home early Wednesday morning.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department says around 8:12 a.m. they received a 911 call from 80-year-old Mary Jones.

Jones said her oven caught fire and she was unable to get out of her rural Murphysboro home.

With the help of family members, deputies were able to extinguish the fire and get Jones out of the home.

Jones was treated and released for her injuries.

Related Articles

Merriam-Webster adds 250 words to its dictionary Some of the words are fun, while others are political.
Body not found for 8 months in Missouri airport parking lot A man's body sat undiscovered for eight months in his pickup truck in a Kansas City International Airport parking lot and his family wants answers.
Wish granted: 10-year-old boy fighting brain cancer tours John Deere factory A Virginia boy got his wish granted of touring the John Deere factory in Iowa.
Trump, the ‘America First’ president, goes to the UN Elected on the nationalist slogan “America first,” President Donald Trump will use his debut address to the U.N. General Assembly to argue that indivi...