Karla’s Super Quick Chicken Potdumplin Pie
Here’s Artisan Kitchen’s delicious recipe for Karla’s Super Quick Chicken Potdumplin Pie.
– 1 package refrigerator biscuits
– 4 Tablespoons butter
– 1 medium onion, minced
– 2 ribs celery, chopped finely
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
– 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
– 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into large bite-sized pieces (4 cups)
– 4 teaspoons lemon juice
– ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup Parmesan
– Remove biscuits from package, place on baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Bake according to package instructions.
– Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
– Stir in flour and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is light brown, about 6 minutes.
– Slowly whisk in broth, cream, and thyme, Simmer until thicken, about 5 minutes.
– Stir in vegetables, chicken, and lemon juice and simmer until vegetables and chicken are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
– Season with salt and pepper
– Split open biscuits, layer the bottom of a buttered 9×13 baking dish with the biscuit bottoms, and pour the chicken mixture over the top of the biscuit bottoms.
– Place the biscuit tops on the top of the mixture, over the bottoms.
– Grate Parmesan over the top and bake till bubbly. About 15 – 20 minutes