What you need to file for home heating assistance

The crisis component of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, known as LIHEAP, begins January 11. 2016. The program is available to families in a home-heating crisis. If you’re worried about how to heat your home, LIHEAP representatives say it’s important to be prepared when you apply.

You’ll need social security cards for everyone living in your household, proof of income, a disconnect or termination notice if you’re using electric or natural gas and a metered utility bill to prove residency.

Find a Kentucky Kentucky Allied Services location near you.

Find out about Western Kentucky assistance programs.

Related Articles

Louisville, KY to make bid for Amazon project Kentucky's biggest city says it is joining several other communities in a bid to land Amazon's planned second headquarters.
Small earthquake reported in Illinois, felt in 3 states The U.S. Geological Survey reports that a small earthquake in southeastern Illinois was felt across parts of Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky.
FEMA isn’t relying on trailers to house hurricane victims FEMA Administrator Brock Long says the number of storm-damaged homes exceeds the agency's supply of manufactured housing units.
Merriam-Webster adds 250 words to its dictionary Some of the words are fun, while others are political.