8 now confirmed dead in Miss. after Wednesday storms
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says it has received reports of another death and another missing person attributed to the severe weather system that is still impacting the state.
In a statement Friday evening, the agency said Coahoma County has now reported one death, and Benton County has reported another missing person.
The agency says this increases the number of deaths to eight, and the number of missing persons to two. There have been more than 60 injuries attributed to the storms.
So far, the storms have caused widespread damage to more than 100 homes and businesses in Mississippi.
Gov. Phil Bryant declared a State of Emergency on Thursday for affected areas of the state.
Across three states, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas, the number of dead now stands at 15.