McCracken County barn fire kills chickens

A short in an electrical outlet has been blamed for catching a barn housing chickens on fire in McCracken County Monday afternoon.

The short caught the hay in the barn on fire before 2 p.m. on Bryan Road in McCracken County.

The Hendron fire chief tells us all the chickens inside died. It’s not known how many chickens were in the barn.

Related Articles

Paducah boat dock gives green light to tourists More than a dozen boats float alongside Paducah’s new transient dock on its opening day.
Christian singer Natalie Grant undergoing thyroid surgery Contemporary Christian singer Natalie Grant will undergo thyroid surgery to remove tumors.
Mexico shocked by news: Girl trapped in rubble didn’t exist Hour after hour, Mexicans were transfixed by dramatic efforts to reach a young girl thought buried in the rubble of a school. But she never existed...
Seoul media say North might test nuke in Pacific South Korean media report North Korea's top diplomat says his country may test a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific Ocean.