Blue Bayou Shrimp Soup
Here’s Artisan Kitchen’s delicious recipe for Blue Bayou Shrimp Soup.
– 1 tablespoon butter – 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil
– 1 chopped red bell pepper – 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 cup sliced green onions – 1 bay leaf
– 1 clove garlic, minced – 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 4 cups tomato-vegetable juice – 1 cup uncooked long-grain white
cocktail ( I use the spicy V-8) rice
– 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice – 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
– hot pepper sauce to taste
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté green bell pepper, onions, and garlic
until tender. Stir in vegetable juice, clam juice, and water. Season with thyme, basil, red pepper, bay leaf, and salt. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice. Reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 15 minutes, until rice is tender.
2. Stir in shrimp, and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Remove the bay leaf, and
season with hot sauce. Serve with a warm crusty baguette