State police report says thousands of dollars stolen where Jennifer Hicks worked

UPDATE: Kentucky State Police Trooper Michael Robichaud tells us that $300,000 was the initial figure in a theft from a credit union where Jennifer Hicks worked, but the amount is likely to be lower. 

Robichaud explained that when police open a case, an initial number is determined. That number can go up or down as investigators go through documents. Robichaud says at this point it’s like to be lower. He says there are multiple audits going on now that will help determine a more accurate number.  Robichaud says its hard to say how low it could be, because so much is revealed through the audits.

Robichaud says the $300,000 number comes from the first page of a case file report. He says that page is continually updated as more information is found out.

Robichaud added that Lake Chem has been extremely cooperative in the investigation.

A Kentucky State Police incident report reveals more than $300,000 was stolen from the credit union where Jennifer Hicks worked.

A Feb. 16 Kentucky Incident Based Reporting System report shows Lake Chem Community Federal Credit Union listed $304,981.31 as stolen. The report lists the incident date ranging from Nov. 8, 2012, to Feb. 2, 2016.

The report filed by Greg Northcutt does not include Jennifer Hicks’ name. It says the person who stole the money is suspected of using computer equipment to do it, and that the motive is unknown.

KSP did not release the report in its entirety, because, it says, the report is under an open investigation.

On Feb. 16, KSP got a warrant to arrest Hicks on a theft charge involving more than $10,000. KSP said she may have been stealing money from the credit union where she worked.

"That is still an ongoing investigation, and it will continue," trooper Michael Robichaud said in February. "Even after Hicks’ death, it will be fully investigated."

Hicks was found dead Thursday, Feb. 25, inside a Murray, Kentucky, storage unit. Preliminary autopsy results are that the 31 year old shot and killed herself. Calloway County Coroner Rick Harris said he believes Hicks may have killed herself on Feb. 9, the same day she was reported missing.

Related Articles

WKCTC partners with school districts in statewide initiative School superintendents from 11 districts joined with West Kentucky Community and Technical College in a new push to get students work ready.
Local chiropractor pleads guilty to criminal abuse A local chiropractor, Dr. Stephen Douglas McAdoo, pleaded guilty in court Monday morning to third degree criminal abuse.
Search continues for Kevil shooter McCracken County sheriff’s deputies are still looking for the man who shot a local woman three times.
Man arrested in Herrin, Illinois, stabbing A man has been arrested in connection with a stabbing that happened Sunday in Herrin, Illinois, police say.