KYTC warns about detours during Murray Half Marathon
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says drivers in the Murray area should be aware of detours and closures in Murray during the half marathon planned for Saturday.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says drivers should be prepared to encounter a number of temporary detours and road closures along the Murray Half Marathon route between about 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturday.
Todd says state highways where traffic may be impeded include:
– U.S. 641/12th Street between Sycamore and the Kentucky 121 Bypass
– The KY 121 Bypass between Kentucky 774/Coldwater Road and U.S. 641
– Kentucky 821/Sycamore Street between Kentucky 822/16th Street and U.S. 641
– Kentucky 94/Main Street between 8th Street and 10th Street
– KY 94/Main Street between 15th Street and Doran Road
Todd says variable message boards are up in those areas to alert drivers to the presence of runners. Traffic delays are possible.
For info on the Murray Half Marathon, click here.