Suspected methamphetamine dealer arrested in McCracken County
A Paducah man is in jail on several drug and weapons charges.
The McCracken County Sheriff’s Department says they have evidence leading them to believe 34-year-old Brett Hearn is a methamphetamine dealer.
Deputies stopped him Thursday to search his car and eventually his home.
In his car, detectives found a loaded 9mm handgun under the driver’s seat, multiple bags of meth, doses of Oxycodone and Hydrocodone, digital scales, and several bags of marijuana.
At his home on Bullard Street in the Farley area, detectives found LSD, a handgun, a rifle with a defaced serial number, and a shotgun. The handgun was reported stolen out of Illinois.
Detectives also seized $1,500 believed to be the proceeds from drug sales.
Hearns was taken to the McCracken County Regional Jail and is charged with:
– Fleeing or evading police 2nd degree
– Firearm enhanced trafficking marijuana over 2 grams
– Firearm enhanced possession of LSD
– Firearm enhanced possession of a controlled substance 1st degree
– Firearm enhanced possession of marijuana
– Possession of a handgun by convicted felon
– Possession of firearm by convicted felon
– Possession of defaced firearm
– Receiving stolen property, firearm
More charges are expected as the investigation continues.