Rains cause flash flooding in Local 6 area
Many of you are dealing with heavy rain and flash flooding Thursday night.
In Cape Girardeau, Missouri, a driver tried to make it through flooded streets, but couldn’t get through. According to the fire department’s Facebook page, the flood control channel is working as designed.
Drivers in Sikeston, are asked to delay all travel. The city’s public works says it’s drainage system is working properly, but it is overwhelmed. Sikeston Public Works says the following streets and intersections are closed due to high water:
– South Kingshighway at Gladys
– North Kingshighway from North St. to Wakefield
– North St. from Tanner to Allen
– John R. Boulevard
– Greer at Maple
– Murray Lane at Southwest
– Anderson Street
– Applegate, completely impassable
– Greenbrier area – streets impassable
– Broadway at Ables Road
– Smith Street at Second (one lane closed)
Southern Illinois also saw flash flooding. Flooding took place on Route 13 in Williamson County. The National Weather Service also reports flooding in Anna and Jonesboro.