Fire at Graves County Middle School caused by malfunctioning soda machine

Firefighter battled a small fire at Graves County Middle School last night.

Graves County Schools’ PIO Paul Schaumburg says a soda machine in the food lab malfunctioned and caught fire.

The fire started around 12:30 a.m.

Graves County Fire and Rescue Squad put out the fire, but they had to break a window of a door to get into the school.

No one was injured.

Schaumburg says quite a bite of water went into a couple of the classrooms, but most of the damage was contained to the food lab.

The school is cleaning up and will have 7th grade orientation tonight.

Related Articles