Worms found in burgers at two local McDonald’s restaurants
Madison Stephens says it creeps her out to watch a video she posted on Facebook earlier this week.
On Sunday, Madison treated her 15-month-old son to a burger from the McDonald’s in Mayfield, Kentucky. She also got one for herself. But, as she was about to bite into it, Madison says a worm fell out and headed towards her son’s food.
"If I hadn’t seen that worm, my son would have eaten that, because it was already on top of his sandwich," says Madison. "That’s how close he came to eating it."
At the McDonald’s in Draffenville, just 25 miles away from Mayfield, Lacey Jo Lovett says she also found a worm in her burger.
"There’s seriously a problem," says Madison. "They need to hire new employees, or the employees need to be trained properly where they know how to handle their foods."
Madison says she called and complained, and McDonald’s sent her a $10 gift card in the mail. Madison feels it was a slap in the face. She says she doesn’t want money. She wants an inspection from the health department.
"That scared me and as a mom," Madison says. "I don’t want another child to have to experience something like that."
Madison says her family won’t be eating at a McDonald’s anytime soon.
We called the health departments in Graves and Marshall counties but haven’t heard back yet.
We also reached out to McDonald’s to find out where the worms are coming from. They sent us this statement:
We are currently investigating this matter. Food quality and safety are a top priority for us. We will continue to take all appropriate measures to gather all facts and resolve the matter.