Name released of Fort Campbell solider accused of shooting at base

Fort Campbell has released the name of the solider accused of firing shots near the Campbell Army Airfield Thursday.

The 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) says 23-year-old Spc. Bryan Castillo allegedly entered Hanger 8 on the airfield and fired two shots.

Castillo drove away in his vehicle and a chase began.

During the chase, Castillo hit another vehicle but was able to keep driving.

Castillo then attempted to run away on foot, but was captured by law enforcement.

Inside his vehicle, officers found additional weapons and ammunition.

No injuries were reported.

Motive is still unknown at this time, but an investigation is underway.

Castillo is being held at the Montgomery County jail. No formal charges have been filed against him at this time.

The 101st Airborne Division said Castillo is a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter repairer who had been working at Fort Campbell since September 2013.

Related Articles

Maria to cause dangerous currents along US coast Hurricane Maria is expected to soon create dangerous waves and strong rip currents along parts of the southeast U.S. coast as the Category 3 storm mov...
Praise The Lard celebrates 30 years of barbecue Seventy-nine of the best grill masters from around the globe have set up their grills in Murphysboro for the 30th annual Praise The Lard Barbecue Comp...
Missouri governor headed to China, South Korea Gov. Eric Greitens will begin his first trade mission Saturday when he and First Lady Sheena Greitens leave for China and South Korea, his office anno...
Illinois governor vetoes data privacy measure Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner has vetoed legislation requiring mobile applications that track user locations to get permission first and to outline how t...