Smoke inhalation likely causes of deaths in Clarksville fire

An elderly couple has died in a fire at a Clarksville home.
    
The Leaf-Chronicle reports (http://leafne.ws/2cNOEPM ) that the fire was called in to the fire department at around 3 a.m. on Saturday and that the blaze was under control within about 45 minutes.
    
Deputy Fire Chief Ray Williams says the 77-year-old Patricia Richardson and her 84-year-old husband, Leo, died in their bedroom. He says the cause was likely smoke inhalation.
    
The couple had lived in the home since 1956.
    
Williams says the fire appears to have started in a garage that had been converted into a room. The source may have been a mini refrigerator.
    
A smoke detector was found at the scene, but it is unclear if it worked.

Related Articles

Judge strikes down Kentucky Internet restrictions for sex offenders A federal judge has struck down Kentucky's restrictions on Internet access for registered sex offenders, saying they are too broad and violate First A...
#MeToo empowering local women to share stories, fight for change Advocates say the movement has millions of women finally feeling safe to come forward with stories of sexual assault and harassment.
Neighbors want safety measures at dangerous railroad crossing A blind railroad crossing on Matt Rich Road off Highway 62 has people demanding someone take responsibility.
Neighbors react to shooting suspect’s arrest People near Magruder Road in McCracken County, Kentucky, are sleeping a bit easier one day after Spencer Forrest’s arrest.