Kentucky Teacher of the Year semifinalists announced
Semifinalists for Kentucky’s Teacher of the Year Award were announced Friday by the state department of education.
There are nine semifinalists in total: three elementary school teachers, three middle school teachers and three high school teachers.
Competing for Elementary Teacher of the Year are:
– Kim Delaney, Longbranch Elementary, Boone County
– Kellie Jones, Taylor County Elementary, Taylor County
– Jennifer C. O’Daniel, Olive Hill Elementary, Carter County
Middle school semifinalists are:
– Sarah Mills, Eastside Middle School, Bullitt County
– Candida Murphy, Robert D. Campbell Junior High, Clark County
– Brandi F. Smith, Madison Middle School, Madison County
High school semifinalists are:
– Tricia Shelton, Boone County High School, Boone County
– Ron A. Skillern, Bowling Green High School, Bowling Green Independent
– Cathy Conley, Knott County Central High School, Knott County
The winners of the elementary, middle, and high school awards, as well as the overall 2017 Kentucky Teacher of the Year, will be announced at a ceremony set for 10 a.m., ET, on Oct. 19 in the rotunda of the Kentucky Capitol Building in Frankfort.
The nine semifinalists were chosen from among 24 teachers named 2017 Valvoline Teacher Achievement Award winners. To see those winners’ names, including two from McCracken County, click here.