Handcrafted Christmas ornament contest underway in Paducah
Christmas might not be for another couple of months, but your child can now enter into a Christmas ornament contest.
The 4th annual Paducah Student Christmas Contest is underway.
All ornaments from the contest are used to decorate the Christmas tree in the foyer of Paducah City Hall. The top three in each category at recognized at a city council meeting.
The contest is open to all students, kindergarten through 12th grade, who live in either Paducah or outside the city limits in McCracken County.
All ornaments must be handcrafted and must meet the criteria listed.
- Ornaments should be 3-7 inches in height (not including hanger) and ready to hang.
- Ornaments should be approximately a half pound or less in weight.
- No glass or other breakable materials.
- Only one entry per student.
- The use of recycled and natural materials is encouraged.
- Special consideration will be given to ornaments featuring Paducah’s history, landmarks, name, etc.
- Enclose a completed Ornament Submission Form with your entry providing a detailed description of the ornament. Ornaments that cannot be matched with the Ornament Submission Form may be displayed but will not be eligible for judging.
- Artwork must be the student’s own.
- Ornaments will be viewed close up so details are important.
The deadline to submit an ornament is Tuesday, November 29 at 4:30 p.m. at City Hall. No entry fee is required, but all ornaments must have a submission form filled out which we have below.