Hoverboard being blamed for Cape Girardeau apartment fire


CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO — A hoverboard battery is being blamed for a fire at a Cape Girardeau apartment.

The Cape Girardeau Fire Department was called to a fire at 2842 Independence apartment 14 just before 5:00 a.m. Tuesday.

Crews arrived and were able to contain the fire to the room it started in. There was one adult and three kids in the apartment at the time of the fire.

The fire started from a battery operated hoverboard that was being charged from a wall outlet. Firefighters says the lithium battery overheated and caught on fire.

Damage to the apartment is estimated at $10,000.

Related Articles

Local businesses reap the benefits of QuiltWeek 25.4 million dollars. That's the economic impact in Paducah from the American Quilter's Society QuiltWeek from the most recent survey done in 2014 by ...
Investigators search for person who dumped dead dog, abandoned another Investigators need your help finding the person who dumped a dead dog and abandoned another.
Barbara Bush laid to rest at presidential library Former first lady Barbara Bush has been laid to rest at her husband’s presidential library in Texas.
Actor Verne Troyer from ‘Austin Powers’ films dead at 49 A statement provided by Troyer’s spokesperson that was also posted to his Instagram and Facebook accounts says the 49-year-old actor died Saturday.