Car breaks utility pole in half in McCracken County crash
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, KY — A Paducah woman has been charged for leaving the scene of an accident.
Just after midnight on Wednesday, McCracken County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to the area of Benton Road and Valley Street on report of a crash.
Deputies found a car had hit a utility pole and broke it in half. The car was there, but the driver was not.
The driver, 38-year-old Franchesica Pierce of Paducah, was found a couple of blocks away in the area of Florida Street.
Deputies say Pierce was under the influence of alcohol and was taken to a local hospital for non-incapacitating injuries.
According to the investigation, Pierce was driving east on Benton Road when she lost control of the car, exited the road, and hit the utility pole. She then got out of the car and walked away.
Pierce was charged with:
- Operating motor vehicle under influence of alcohol / drugs – 1st offense
- Failure to produce insurance card
- Leaving scene of accident – failure to render aid
- Criminal mischief – 1st degree
- Possession of open alcoholic beverage in motor vehicle
There were no reported power outages as a result of the crash.