Gourmet Minutes - Cilantro Lime Spinach Dip with Chipotle Chiles
On this week's Gourmet Minutes with Mallory, Artisan Kitchen chef Karla Lawrence shows Mike how to make Cilantro Lime Spinach Dip with Chipotle Chiles.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thin-sliced scallions, white parts only, from 3 medium scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1/2cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile en adobo, seeded and minced (about 2 medium chiles)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Thaw spinach in microwave for 3 minutes at 40 percent power. (Edges should be thawed but not warm; center should be soft enough to be broken apart into icy chunks.) Squeeze partially frozen spinach of excess water.
2. In food processor, process spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, dill, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, chipotle chiles, lime juice, lime zest, light brown sugar, and cumin until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to medium bowl; serve.