Gourmet Minutes - Tuna Kebabs with Ginger-Lime Marinade
On this week's Gourmet Minutes with Mallory, Artisan Kitchen chef Karla Lawrence shows Mike how to make tuna kebabs with ginger-lime marinade.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (Sriracha)
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of 1 1/4-inch thick ahi tuna, cut into 1-1 1/4 inch cubes
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia), cut into 1-inch squares
- 6 (12-inch-long) wood skewers (soaked for at least 1 hour in water)
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk first 8 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; season to taste with ground white pepper.
Transfer 3 tablespoons marinade to small bowl and reserve. Add tuna to remaining marinade in medium bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 45 minutes.
Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare BBQ (medium-high heat). Alternate tuna cubes, bell pepper squares and onion squares on each of 6 metal skewers. Grill to desired doneness, turning frequently, about 4 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to platter. Drizzle reserved marinade over; sprinkle with chopped cilantro.