Gourmet Minutes - Grilled Corn and Chipotle Pepper Salad
On this week's Gourmet Minutes with Mallory, Artisan Kitchen chef Karla Lawrence shows Mike how to make a grilled corn and chipotle pepper salad.
Ingredients (6-8 servings):
- 10 ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Arrange the corn on the grill and cook, turning frequently, until the corn is slightly charred, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill to a cutting board and let cool. Cut the kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife and transfer to a serving bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.