Healthy Living: Your Experts
Jackson Purchase Medical Center - Bariatrics
1099 Medical Center Circle
Mayfield KY 42066
Mayfield KY 42066
Hours of Operation
- Monday - FridayBy Appointment
Dr. Keilani also provides revisional services, based on insurance requirements, and resumes bariatric care for patients who have had procedures performed elsewhere.
By choosing Bariatrics at Jackson Purchase as the place to have your bariatric procedure you are choosing a well- equipped facility with access to a highly qualified team of dieticians, psychologist, insurance coordinators, and nurses who provide any care needed during the decision making process, before and after the procedure.
The bariatic team of Bariatirics at Jackson Purchase is structured to offer you life time care after a procedure. There are monthly support group meetings that offer tips on how to maintain weight loss, recipes for your new healthy way of cooking, and just simple support for the new life style you have chosen for yourself. Baratrics at Jackson Purchase wants you to know that we are here for a healthier you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I qualify for a bariatric procedure?
- This will be determined by your BMI, which is used to index a person’s height and weight. You qualify if your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 40 or greater or if your BMI is 35-40 with obesity related medical problems.
- What is Morbid Obesity?
- This is when a person’s BMI is 40 or greater, which is roughly 100 pounds or more over the ideal body weight. This type of obesity can interfere with basic functions of life like walking or breathing. There are long-term effects of type 2 diabetes and heart disease to name a couple.
- What procedure is best for me?
- The decision will be made after a consultation with the bariatric surgeon. The most common procedures are the gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, and the gastric band.
- What should I look for when choosing the surgeon to perform the procedure?
- You want to seek a well-equipped facility with a fellowship trained board certified surgeon.
- How successful is bariatric surgery?
- Bariatric surgery can improve and eliminate several obesity related conditions. A study of over 22,000 bariatric patients resulted in improvement or resolution of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea in addition to a 61.2% loss of excess weight. However, you must remember bariatric surgery is a tool to help you become healthy and loose excess weight. Bariatric patients must commit to a long-term lifestyle change that includes diet and exercise.