Healthy Living: Your Experts
Oral and Maxillo Facial Surgery
Oral & Maxillo Facial Surgery Dr. Michael Bobo, DDS, MD, FACS and James W. Pledger, II, DDS
1109 Poplar Street
Murray KY 42071
1320 Pleasant Valley Avenue
Union City TN 38261
Murray KY 42071
1320 Pleasant Valley Avenue
Union City TN 38261
Oral & Maxillo Facial SurgeryCosmetic Procedures
Your face is the window through which the world sees you. As such, it deserves extra special care and attention.
Over time, exposure to the sun causes damage to our skin, creating wrinkles, fine lines and "age spots." As we age, the skin of the face and neck loses elasticity and develop loose skin folds, especially around the eyes, chin, jaw line, and neck.
Drs. Bobo and Pledger, board certified oral and Maxillofacial surgeons, are pleased to offer several services that can address sun damaged skin and skin that has begun to sag due to aging. They also treat facial abnormalities caused by accidental trauma to the face and defects due to abnormal growth of the face and jaws. They focus on cosmetic procedures and products that will make a definitive, visible change to your face and neck.
The variety of procedures provided include:
- Obagi Professional Skincare Line
- NuDerm System
- Elastiderm Eye Cream / Decolletage
- C-Serum (anti-oxidant)
- Rosaclear System (Rosacea)
- Clenziderm system for acne
- Botox - Millions of women already know BOTOX Cosmetic - a nonsurgical treatment that helps temporarily improve moderate to severe frown lines between the brows. Those moderate to severe verticle lines between the brows are sometimes referred to as 1's, 11's, or 111's, which you get from years of squinting, concentrating, or frowning. As time passes, your skin becomes less elastic and those moderate to sever frown lines remain - even when your muscles aren't contracting.
- Cosmetic Fillers (Juvederm) - With long-lasting JUVEDERM, you can treat those parentheses lines on the sides of your nose and mouth for up to 1 year with 1 treatment. With JUVEDERM® XC injectable gel, your doctor customizes your treatment for you, and gives you the instant, natural-looking results you want - all in one treatment.
- Chemical peels - Men and women alike share a common desire to have healthy, youthful skin. Exposure to the sum and the elements in combination with adverse living habits contribute to the appearance of our skin. Chemical Peels are increasingly popular with those who are unhappy about acne scarring, sun-damaged skin, age spots, freckles, fine lines, rough skin, and uneven pigmentation. A Chemical Peel is not limited to the face, and can be performed on the neck, chest, hands, arms, shoulders, and legs - just about anywhere
- Latisse (Eyelash Growth Agent) - LATISSE® solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes.
- Eyelid Surgery - It has often been said that your eyes are the "windows to your south", because they are the most expressive way we communicate our emotions. Unfortunately, your eyes can be deceiving if the significant effects of aging have altered them. Instead of looking rested, alert and energetic, drooping eyelids or puffy bags under the eyes can make you appear to be tired, run-down, angry or unhappy. If you feel that your eys make you look older, sad or fatigued, you may want to consider cosmetic eyelid surgery, also called Blepharoplasty.
- Facelift - Over time, the effects of gravity, sun exposure, heredity and the basic stresses of living are revealed in the face. For over 70 years, men and women over the age of 35 have routinely been seeking Face Lift procedures. Modern surgery techniques can now reduce this aged appearance by removing excess fat and skin as well as tightening the facial muscles, thus eliminating most wrinkling and sagging. If you have been considering a Face Life, the latest surgical approaches permit you to have safe, natural looking, dramatic and longer lasting results with less down time.
- Chin/Cheek Implants - If you feel your facial features are understated or not proportionate, then facial reshaping procedures may be what you need to restore confidence in your appearance. Chin augmentation is accomplished through an incision made either inside the mouth at the base of the lower gum, or just under the chin in an already present skin fold. The chin can be altered by either attaching a specifically selected implant or repositioning the bone, thereby increasing the projection. Cheek augmentation is performed through incisions made either inside the mouth, on the lower eyelid, or possibly in front of the ear. The implant is inserted and attached to the already present cheekbones, thereby increasing the projection.
- Neck Rejuvenation - A surgical Neck Life procedure involves creating an incision behind the ear, slightly into the ear, or a small incision under the chin. The skin is separated from the fat and the muscle below and the underlying fat is either trimmed or liposuctioned to obtain an improved, more sharply defined neck contour. If necessary, the platysma (muscle in the neck) will be tightened to treat the bands in the central neck. Incisions are placed so that the scars are minimal and hidden, and these scars will fade in time to become barely visible. This technique creates a more youthful, natural looking, and contoured neck.
- Facial Laceration and Facial Fracture Repair
- Scar Revision
- Mole/Facial Lesion Removal
- Corrective Jaw Surgery
- Earlobe Repair
As board-certified oral & Maxillofacial surgeons, Drs. Bobo and Pledger are uniquely qualified to provide facial cosmetic surgery. Oral & Maxillofacial surgeons complete 8-10 years of intensive training that focuses on the head and neck region. The dental training enhances manual dexterity and creates an appreciation for keen attention to detail. Both doctors have received numerous hours of clinical and didactic training in cosmetic facial surgery. They have also spent hundreds of hours repairing the faces of patients after they have sustained traumatic injuries.
Both doctors possess hospital privileges to perform cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. They also have extensive training in IV sedation/general anesthesia and can perform many procedures conveniently in the office setting. 100% of injections of Botox and cosmetic fillers are performed by the doctors.
Where do I begin?
The first step toward facial rejuvenation is a consultation with Dr. Bobo or Dr. Pledger. This session is designed to be a relaxed and informative time to discuss:
- Your primary complaint and your treatment goals
- The different options available to address your areas of concern
- The course of treatment including details of surgery, anesthesia options, risks, and costs.