Healthy Living: Your Experts
Physical Therapy & Rehab
Hours of Operation
- Paducah hours:
- Monday - Friday8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- @ The Plex:
- Mon, Wed, Fri3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tues, Thurs1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday8 a.m. - 12 a.m.
- Mon, Wed, Fri8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tues, Thurs8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Physical Therapy / RehabRehab Associates offers the following services in physical and occupational therapy:
Aqua Therapeutics – Berger Road Location
Most individuals with orthopedic or neurological dysfunctions can benefit from pool therapy. The great benefits of water therapy are due to the properties of water. Buoyancy reduces the effects of gravity thus decreasing the pain associated with weight bearing.
Physical therapy can offer a wide variety of treatments to reduce the pain, stiffness, and swelling that occur with arthritis. Some of the treatment options include aquatic therapy, heat, ice, dynamic strengthening, low impact exercise, and instruction in self management skills.
Rehab Associates offers a complete balance evaluation and rehabilitation program. The “Balance Better” Program is a screening and exercise program that integrates fall risk assessment, balance testing, rehabilitation, and home exercises. The Rehab Associates Balance Team will evaluate your needs specifically and develop a program to improve your function and abilities.
Physical therapists and occupational therapists play a key role in relieving the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. We are proud to offer an unique approach to relief of carpal tunnel symptoms. This approach stimulates healing and regeneration. Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization is performed by moving specially designed devices over the affected soft tissues in a stroking pattern.
Cervical Pain and Whiplash
Neck pain is often caused by injury, such as a motor vehicle accident; however, neck pain is most commonly caused by posture and habits of our daily activity. However your neck pain is caused, Rehab Associates can work to eliminate pain and improve function.
Fibromyalgia syndrome is a chronic illness; however, it is not terminal. First and foremost, education of this syndrome is critical to self-management. The treatment of fibromyalgia varies from one person to another. Treatment can include therapeutic exercise, aquatic exercise, modality treatments, massage, and correction of other specific problems.
Fitness training should be an important part of health management for all of us. Rehab Associates can assist with development of a fitness program to meet your goals or needs. Whether you are a high level athlete who needs assistance with a specific goal or you want to begin an exercise program, we can provide recommendations.
Low Back Pain
Low back pain affects the majority of individuals sometime during their life. Only 2% of those who have back pain require surgery. Therefore, the other 98% can improve with conservative treatment including physical therapy. The key to our success in treatment of your back condition is an individual evaluation and development of a personalized treatment program. Rehab Associates offers a comprehensive selection of programs to meet your needs.
Rehab Associates Physical Therapy has staff trained to evaluate your osteoporosis and instruct you in exercise to prevent and combat osteoporosis. The program includes weight bearing and resistant exercise. In addition, physical therapy can help with pain control techniques, postural exercise, and exercise to prevent falls.
Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the fibrous tissue (plantar fascia) along the bottom of the foot that connects the heel to the toes. Plantar fasciitis generally improves with the help of physical therapy. Rehab Associates can provide treatment to reduce pain and inflammation, stretches to increase length of the fascia, and splinting to assist in reducing the contraction of the fascia that occurs overnight. According to the most recent research, about 90% of those treated will improve after the initial two months.
Sports activity can occasionally lead to injury. In this event, Rehab Associates is prepared to quickly decrease symptoms and work to return to sporting activity. In addition, we work to enhance your training program to prevent further injury.
The tempromandibular joint disorder is a condition affecting the joint in the jaw. This is often accompanied by headaches or pain in the jaw area and can lead to dysfunction with chewing or opening the mouth. Treatment to this area involves controlling the pain at the joint, reducing muscle tightness, teaching protection of the joint, and return to normal activity. Staff are trained in treatment techniques for this area.
Tendonitis is inflammation or irritation of a tendon. A tendon is the thick fibrous cord that connects muscle to bone. Most commonly, tendons become inflamed by performing a repetitive activity that places excessive forces on the tendon. Tendonitis produces pain, tenderness, and stiffness near a joint and is aggravated by movement. Tendonitis can occur in various locations in your body and produce specific types of pain. Rehab Associates provides successful treatment, education in self care measures and prevention that will alleviate your symptoms and reduce the risk of occurrence. Treatment often includes ultrasound treatment, iontophoresis, and stretching with progression to strengthening.
A full spectrum of servicesRehab Associates also offers a full spectrum of services for the worker and the employer. Certified therapists work to evaluate the worker, the workplace, and the work to ensure safe environments and highest productivity through the following
- Work Site Analysis
An on-site evaluation identifies issues for ergonomic intervention, injury prevention education, and work site redesign. A written job description is provided to the company.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
Functional Capacity Evaluation is a standardized test that comprehensively and objectively measures an individual's abilities in work related tasks.
- Employee Screening Programs
To determine if an applicant has the ability to perform a job appropriately, preliminary information including a medical history, aerobic testing, strength testing, mobility testing, and the ability to perform job specific tasks is performed.
- Return to Work Programs
Often following a medical condition, the client is unable to immediately return to the level of prior function. With the return to work programs at Rehab Associates, a client can work toward improved functional levels. Work conditioning is a two to four hour program in which the client participates in therapeutic exercise for aerobic conditioning, strengthening, and mobility exercises
Paducah 220 Berger Road, Paducah, KY 42003
Paducah @ The Plex
6525 US HW 60W, Suite 100, Paducah, KY 42001
1413 State Route 45 N., Mayfield, KY 42066
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to have a referral from a doctor?
- Kentucky licensure regulations as well as most insurance companies require a referral from a doctor to begin treatment.
- What do I need to do to get started?
- Contact us and we will direct you to the most convenient of our three locations. We can usually get your evaluation scheduled that same day. We will need some basic demographic and medical background along with your insurance information. Our new patient paperwork is available on our website www.rehabassociatesky.com and may be completed in advance and brought to the appointment.
- Does insurance cover physical therapy?
- Insurance routinely covers physical therapy treatment. Due to the uniqueness of each policy, we will check benefits after obtaining your insurance information.
- What should I wear?
- Due to a variety of treatments, we encourage our patients to always dress in comfortable clothing. Because many of our treatments include physical activity, tennis shoes are highly recommended. A changing area will be provided for those patients utilizing our aquatic therapeutic pool.
- What happens after physical therapy is completed?
- At the completion of your physical therapy program, you will be discharged with a home exercise program. Due to our commitment to your health and fitness, we encourage you to consider continuing your exercise program at our 24-hour fitness club – goperformance & FITNESS. The initiation fee is waived if you join within three months of your physical therapy discharge.