Home Experts: Your Experts
Waterproofing & Foundation Repair
1616 Adams Drive, Marion, IL 62959
Serving Southern Illinois & Western Kentucky
Waterproofing & Foundation Repair
Helitech has been healing homes for over 25 years. We offer a variety of products and services to accommodate basement, crawlspace, and new construction waterproofing; cracked and falling foundations; bowing walls; sunken sidewalks, driveways, pool aprons, and porches.
The products we use are of the utmost quality. We are the fourth largest installer of A.B. Chance foundation systems in the United States, and are the largest installer of the Hydrayway Drainage System.
Helitech employs a full time staff of approximately 100 individuals who provide administrative, customer service, design, engineering, and construction support. When an issue arises, you must have a strategy in place for handling it or you will never win the customer’s loyalty. No company is perfect, but our employee interaction, business relationships, and customer referrals make us successful.
We have offices located in Belleville, Lincoln, and Marion, Illinois, and recently, Columbia, Missouri. We service homes across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky, and as far north as the Quad Cities, to as far south as Clarskville, Tennesee.
Helitech maintains safety and affirmative action programs, and are compliant with current OSHA, federal, and state guidelines. All construction personnel are trained and certified by A.B. Chance.
Helitech gives back at every opportunity, building strong ties and ensuring our surrounding communities will continue to flourish. The management and personnel within Helitech play active roles in many charitable and non-for-profit organizations. These organizations include: Violence Prevention Center, Special Olympics, Salvation Army, Camp Rainbow, Catch 22 Foundation, American Cancer Society, March of Dimes, St. Jude, local sports clubs, area high schools, and colleges.
Most recently, Helitech helped raise $10,000 for the St. Jude Children’s Hospital. We manned the phones for the “Angel of the Hour” radiothon. Also in February, many Helitech employees traveled to southern Illinois in order to aid in relief efforts after the massive tornado that hit in Harrisburg area.
We are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of integrity, professionalism, commitment, state-of-the-art products and competitive pricing. Helitech strives to exceed client’s expectations and provide them with peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
- On the exterior of the house, there are cracks between some of the bricks/blocks, is this a sign of foundation problems?
- Cracks in the bricks or blocks of your home’s foundation are never a good sign. If you notice cracks in the foundation you should have it inspected by a qualified foundation repair company. The company should set up a survey transit and take readings to determine where settlement may have occurred, then come up with a repair plan.
- We have an older home with a block foundation. The blocks have buckled inward and have slight separation. What do we do to fix this issue?
- This type of movement is generally caused from soil pressure building up on the basement wall, causing it to push (or bow) inwards. This problem can occur in any type of basement wall, but is most common in blocked foundations. Helitech has several different methods of repair; the severity of the bow in the wall is the determining factor on what we recommend. Our Helitech estimators can inspect the wall, and then provide you with the available options of repair.
- My doors and windows are sticking, and are often hard to open and close. Is this from swelling or do I have a foundation problem?
- Could be either, or actually both. Changes in the weather can exaggerate common signals of foundation problems. These will generally cause additional problems such as unleveled floors, or cracks in the drywall, outside brickwork, and inside foundations, both poured and blocked. Helitech would be happy to provide a free inspection of your home and help determine the problem you are dealing with.
- Our sump pump seems to be working, but when it rains we get water in the basement. Do I just need a new sump pump?
- Unfortunately, no. You most likely need to have a basement waterproofing system installed. Sump pumps are a great way to deal with water issues, but only if they are able remove water from under the floor and walls. Alone, most sump pumps can’t accomplish this task and need the added help of a drainage system.
- We recently purchased a home, the home inspector pointed out a hairline crack in the foundation. He mentioned we could have it filled if we were concerned. Is this just a normal settlement issue or something bigger?
- Most all poured concrete foundation walls will crack at some point due to natural settlement and soil movement. Most of these cracks can be filled to prevent water leakage and never cause any further issue. Helitech recommends having the cracks injected and covered with a carbon fiber membrane to strengthen the wall and help protect it against future movement.
- I live in a 40-year-old home, and we have just started noticing some cracks in the drywall inside and the brick outside. After 40 years, why is this just now happening?
- Most people think that once a home is a couple of years old, it has settled and shouldn’t have any additional problems. Unfortunately, it is usually the exact opposite as most foundation settlement starts once the home has been there for many years, even decades. This is caused by changing soil conditions, tree and landscaping growth, changes in the gutter system, or even other homes and buildings going up in the area. We can never know for sure the cause or problem until we examine it in person. Let Helitech come and see how we can help.