Home Experts: Your Experts
Usher-Alford Electric, Inc
P.O Box 857
1364 St. Rt 303
Mayfield, KY 42066
1364 St. Rt 303
Mayfield, KY 42066
Hours of Operation
- 24 hour emergency service
Usher-Alford Electric, INC. also known as "The Generator Doctors" is a 1 stop, full service Generac Generator Dealership. We not only sell the most trusted brand of generator in the nation but we also service and repair them as well. With a service vehicle and a highly trained staff we can provide 24 hour, 7 day a week emergency service for your generator. Whether you live in Western Kentucky, South Illinois, Southeast Missouri, or Northwest Tennessee, we are there to help you with any generator needs.
Usher-Alford Electric, Inc. prides themselves with great integrity in all jobs. We will be there during every step of the process, from a free home to visit to discuss your most important needs of a generator to the correct generator size, and the installation of your new investment. All our sales, service and installation technicians are factory trained by Generac and must pass strict testing before gaining certification.
We have different financing options available. We do offer 12 months same as cash on the entire project, for all residential generators up to 60 KW, with approved credit.
To keep your medical equipment operating, refrigerator/freezer cold, home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, you need electricity 100% of the time, so your generator must work 100% of the time, but if you need emergency service for your generator even in the middle of the night, you have peace of mind knowing The Generator Doctors are just a phone call away. To learn more about Generac products and User-Alford Electric, Inc. services , click here. www.thegeneratordoctors.com
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I really have to get a generator big enough to do my whole house?
- No, with technology Generac puts in to their product, it's possible to purchase and install a much smaller generator that will do just the most important circuits in your house, or even use what is called load shedding technology. this gives you access to all circuits in your home, but you may not be able to use them at the same time.
- After installing my generator, what do I have to do when the power goes off?
- Noting at all! The generator and transfer switch will sense the power is off, start the engine, and then transfer the house to generator power. This usually takes about 15 seconds. (you may have to grab the remote and turn your big screen TV back on)
- Who will take care of my generator after it's installed?
- Usher-Alford Electric, Inc. Also known as "The Generator Doctors" will after the first 6 months, give it a good visual inspection and change the oil. Then, at its one year anniversary, we will schedule with you a time when we can come back and completely service your generator. This will be a 23 point check including, changing the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, engine valve adjustment and testing emergency shut-down sensors. If your generator needs attention at any time, we offer a 24/7 emergency service.
- I have a portable generator I bought back in the ice storm, can't I just use that?
- Most portable generators do not have a voltage regulator. This means if the engine on the portable speeds up the voltage goes up as well. This will damage all of the sensitive electronics in your home, such as TV's, computers, most appliances, and alarm systems. With a Generac Automatic Home Stand-by generator it has "Clean Power Technology" built right in. The electricity that it produces is as clean and reliable as what the utility company produces.
- What kind of fuel do they run on, and how my much fuel do they use?
- Most generators run on either natural gas or propane (LP). Some o the larger generators will use diesel. How much it uses will depend on the size of the generator and also the electrical load. For more information on this topic and more Frequently Asked Questions, please visit www.thegeneratordoctors.com