Graves County fugitive arrested, faces numerous charges
GRAVES COUNTY, Ky. - A Graves County fugitive was arrested on numerous charges Tuesday afternoon.
The Graves County Sheriff's Office says 36-year-old Thad Skaggs had been on the run since leading police on a chase on June 6. The chase began after a deputy responded to a complaint of Skaggs spinning donuts in the parking lot of New Hope Baptist Church.
Skaggs fled upon seeing the deputy and led police on a chase into a field, where he fled on foot. He had not been seen since then until Tuesday afternoon.
The sheriff's office says it received a tip that Skaggs was at the J & M Mart in Kaler, Kentucky. Deputies found him inside a vehicle at a gas pump and took him into custody without incident.
Skaggs is in the Graves County Jail. The charges against him are listed below.
- Failure to Appear in Carlisle Circuit Court
- Probation Violation in Marshall Circuit Court
- Failure to Appear in Graves District Court
- Two counts of Probation Violation in Graves Circuit Court
- Fleeing or Evading Police First Degree on Foot
- Fleeing or Evading Police First Degree in a Vehicle
- Criminal Mischief Second Degree
- Theft By Deception Under $10,000
- Four Counts Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument Second Degree
- Two Counts of Receiving Stolen Property Under $10,000
- Two Counts of Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree
- Numerous Traffic Offenses
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree (methamphetamine)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
The sheriff's office says the Fleeing and Evading, Criminal Mischief and Wanton Endangerment charges, along with the traffic offenses, all stemmed from the June 6 pursuit. The Theft charge, two of the Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument charges and a Receiving Stolen Property charge resulted from a recent investigation in which Skaggs had allegedly passed stolen checks on several occasions.
The drug possession charges and the other two Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument charges were a result of items that were found Tuesday when deputies arrested Skaggs.