Incense burner a likely cause in retirement home fire
LYON COUNTY, Ky. - An incense burner is likely the cause of a bedroom fire at the Rivers Bend Retirement Center in Kuttawa.
Kuttawa Fire Chief Bill Compton tells Local 6 by the time firefighters arrived, most of the residents had already been moved out.
Compton says the fire was minor. Compton said powder from fire extinguishers did more damage than the fire.
There were no serious injuries reported, but Compton said one employee was hospitalized from inhaling powder from the fire extinguisher.