Fiscal Court members request changes at McCracken Co. Humane Society
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, Ky. — The McCracken County Fiscal Court is requesting that the McCracken County Humane Society agree to several new conditions.
This comes following the arrest of a former employee and an investigation into how animals are treated and euthanized at the facility.
In a faxed news release to the WPSD Local 6 newsroom the Fiscal Court requested the following:
1. That the Humane Society Board be re-configured as follows: The McCracken County Fiscal Court appoints one member, the City of Paducah Commission appoints one member, the local Veterinarian organizations appoints one member and the Humane Society appoints two members.
2. A stronger emphasis on adoption efforts of all animals. The seven day hold period to be extended to fourteen days or longer.
3. The McCracken County Class D felons are used for cleanup and maintenance.
4. 24/7 access to the Humane Society by McCracken County Animal Control.
5. Weekly animal health assessment by local Veterinarian.