Kentucky Transportation Cabinet awards $54M in asphalt rehab projects in June
FRANKFORT, Ky. - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet awarded more than $54 million in asphalt rehab projects this month. That brings this year's total to more than $140 million so far.
This month's asphalt contracts were spread across 59 of Kentucky's 120 counties.
Projects in the Local 6 area include:
- Caldwell County: A 1-mile section of North Jefferson Street (KY 293) from Grace Street to north of Apache Drive. Cost: $96,745.
- Calloway County: A 4.1-mile section of Pottertown Road (KY 280) from 2.6 miles east of KY 1536 to Sauger Lane; a 2.3-mile section of Rob Mason Road (KY 783) from KY 94 to KY 121; a 1.3-mile section of Browns Grove Road (KY 893) from Aaron Road to KY 1836; and a 2.2-mile section of Bethel Road (KY 1483) from KY 94 to KY 80. Cost: $831,533.
- Fulton County: A 1.6-mile section of Tyler-Hickman Road (KY 94) from the state line to 0.2 miles east of the railroad crossing. Cost: $362,795.
- Graves County: A 4.9-mile section of Said Road (KY 131) from the north end of West Fork Clarks River to the county line. Cost: $490,413. Also, two sections of Fulton-Murray Road (KY 94) including a 3.88-mile section from KY 83 to the county line and a 10.5-mile section from U.S. 45 to KY 303. Cost: $1.57 million.
- Lyon County: A 2.8-mile section of Eddyville-Princeton Road (KY 293) from 0.3 miles north of KY 818 to the county line. Cost: $222,569.
- Marshall County: A 3.6-mile section of Griggstown Road (KY 782) from KY 795 to U.S. 68; a 1.3-mile section of Slickback Road (KY 1311) from KY 402 to KY 1949; a 2.5-mile section of Tatumsville Highway (KY 1422) from U.S. 641 to Little Bear Highway; and a 2.3-mile section of Benton-Briensburg Road (KY 1477) from KY 1462 to KY 58. Cost: $627,524.
- Trigg County: A 2.8-mile section of Wallonia Road (KY 128) from KY 1507 to KY 124; a 2.3-mile section of Hurricane Road (KY 276) from KY 274 to KY 778; a 2.4-mile section of New Hope Road (KY 525) from KY 1253 to New Hope Church Road; and a 4.6-mile section of Caledonia Pee Dee Road from the county line to KY 272. Cost: $753,244.