Obituaries: Your Experts
Woods Florist Inc
785 Mayfield HighwayBenton, KY 42025
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Full Service FloristLocated in beautiful Benton, KY, Woods Florist has been servicing the Western Kentucky area for more than 50 Years. Choose Woods Florist to send beautiful flowers that display a unique quality and unsurpassed freshness. We guarantee excellent service from start to finish.
Woods Florist specializes in arrangements for funeral services. We believe that whether it is a beautiful arrangement or standing spray, flowers are a special way to show how deeply you care and will always remember a loved one. All of the following arrangements can be done in either fresh or silk flowers: casket sprays, pillows, standing sprays, round wreaths and urn arrangements. We make deliveries to all funeral homes in McCracken, Marshall, Graves and Calloway Counties.
We also have beautiful arrangements for other occasions such as Weddings, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Get Well, Birthday, Congratulatory and Anniversary. But don’t forget that you can make today extra special just because. Woods Florist can help you send the perfect gift to show your loved ones how much you care. We’re proud to be one of the leading flower shops in Benton and have a wonderful selection of fresh and silk arrangements. We also have a wide selection of specialty gifts for any occasion.
Woods Florist partners with Teleflora, FTD, 1-800-Flowers and Bloomnet.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of products do you have?
- Whatever the event, Woods Florist can create a perfect arrangement. We specialize in funeral arrangements but have beautiful arrangements that can be created for weddings, homecoming/proms, birthday, anniversaries, congratulatory, thank you, just because, get well plus many more.
- What type of flowers do you carry?
- We have access to all varieties of flowers, year round.
- How soon can you make an arrangement and deliver?
- As long as we have the flowers in stock, we can turn around your order very quickly. To help you plan, please give us a minimum of 24 hours.
- Do you do any specialty arrangements?
- Yes, we make specialty arrangements! Our dedicated professionals love a creative challenge and have created specialty arrangements in the form of a tugboat and a Harley! Give us a call or send us an email with your specialty request and we will get to work on it.
- How can I make my flowers last longer?
- Certain varieties of cut flowers last longer than others. Carnations, for example, can remain vibrant for long periods. Roses have a shorter vase life, but are prized for their special and delicate beauty. Whatever variety you choose, a little TLC will go a long way to keep your blooms looking fresh longer. Here are a few handy tips that can help add days to their beauty!
- Keep them in a cool spot (65 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit; 18 to 22 degrees Celsius), away from direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, direct drafts from a ceiling fan, and the tops of televisions or radiators. (Appliances like televisions give off heat, causing flowers to dehydrate.)
- Keep the floral foam soaked in water containing floral food provided by your florist. Be sure to follow the directions on the package.
- Keep the vase filled with water containing floral food provided by your florist. Be sure to follow the directions on the package.
If the solution becomes cloudy, replace it entirely. If possible, recut the stems by removing one to two inches with a sharp knife.
Remove leaves that will be below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial growth that can harm the flowers.
- Floral food is a combination of additives that help to nourish the flowers and discourage bacteria from growing in the water. It is one of the best—and easiest—ways to extend the life of your flowers. It is very important to follow the directions on the package correctly. Improperly mixed floral food can do more harm than good.