Here are the six things to know for your day in news today: Monday, May 5:
- A record of an execution? Russell Bucklew's attorney wants to state to videotape his execution on May 21. Then they want the tape released to the public.
- A tough task for the defense. Oscar Pistorius' lawyers must recover from his shaky testimony as the murder trial continued today after a two-week hiatus.
- One week ago, an EF2 tornado hit Obion County, Tennessee. Guy Gray says the damage to his farm estimates around $150,000.
- how will the search for Flight 370 proceed? Investigators will take another look at what's been gathered so far to make sure search crews are in the right place.
- What sent almost $2,000 kids to the ER each year? Safety gates meant to keep babies and toddlers from going where they shouldn't go.
- Happy Cinco de Mayo. The day commemorates the Mexican Army's victory over French forces on May 5th, 1862 in the Battle of Puebla.